Skip to Content

Updates

About Us

The San Gabriel Woman's Club was chartered in 1974 as an active club in the Capitol District of the Texas Federation of Women's Clubs. Since its initiation, the SGWC of Georgetown has been contributing to our community by volunteering and donating money to our local charitable organizations.

The SGWC is a member of the Texas Federation of Women's Clubs (TFWC), and in 1897 Texas became a part of the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC). The TFWC has been headquartered in Austin, Texas since 1938.

The federated women's clubs were originally founded to address the issues of women and children. Today members volunteer, organize fundraisers and provide pertinent information on legislative issues that benefit those in need.